Happy New Year you guys!!
Yes, it has been exactly 9 months since my last post. That’s enough time for a whole human being to come into existence. (This is NOT the reason for my disappearance)
It seems that I’ve been through a series of life changes over the last 9 months. And not changes like, Oh hayyyyy…I bought a new plant.
No, I mean real changes!
1) I got a new job- no more skinny jeans to work, just corporate rags. That’s right…CORPORATE. And ‘corporate’, as we call know, is just another word for I have better looking people on my commutes.
2) I moved. I used to live in a basement with small windows.l have now upgraded!! 😀
Now I live in a basement with big windows). More importantly, it has shortened my commute time from one hour and a bus full of mass murderers to 30 mins and a couple of hobos.
3) I got a new boyfriend. Guys! I’m now actually dating an real human male, not a Ryan Gosling meme. I was able to confirm that we’re boyfriend/girlfriend when he changed his profile picture on Facebook (you know shit’s real when…)
I thought this might be a good place to pick up where we left off- with big changes. I considered changing my blog name and starting over but that made no sense. This was what I built everything on. But I will admit there will probably be some changes in content:
– Won’t have any more of my single girl escapades. We all know that was the cornerstone of this blog.
– Won’t talk about the suburb freaks on public transit. Now it will be the urbane freaks. Freaks all the same.
*Another new development that was totally missed out the first time around*- My best friend Bernice, who I have been friends with for over 10 years, got married (I wrote her a kick ass Maid of Honor speech) AND MOVED DOWN THE STREET FROM ME!!. Buh bye, Skype. Hello many after work happy hours and pie dates!
On the flip side, here are the things that did not change:
– I still take public transit,
– I still live in Toronto ( Immigration Canada still sees me fit to live here.)
– I still find myself browsing feminist Ryan Gosling memes at 2am. Apparently dating someone does not magically make Ryan memes any less addictive. Sometimes I look at Grumpy Cat memes too.
– I still come home from work and lounge around with Suits/Mad Men/Dexter reruns.
This blog will be different but still the same as The Chronicles. It’s still me, just facing different things. But still blow-drying avocados in the winter.
Its good to be back, folks. Again. 😉
What have all you guys been up to when I was gone?!